Join us at J & R Nursery on May 14, 2013 at 3:00 pm for a Regional Nursery Irrigation Workshop and dinner. Cost is now free. UF/IFAS Extension is bringing top experts to Hillsborough County to have a hands on irrigation event with 3 Private Applicator CEUs Available.
2:30-3:00 Mr. Shawn Steed-Check in and introduction.
3:00-4:30 Dr. Paul Fisher-Irrigation pH, EC, and biological components and how they negatively can affect plant growth.
4:30-4:45 Dr. Tom Yeager-Container irrigation practices to reduce plant problems and save costs.
6:15-6:30 Hands on Demonstrations (Station Rotations)
- Mr. Ed Skvarch-Fertilizer leaching demonstration
- Mr. Shawn Steed-2 to 1 substrate test for EC and pH.
- Ms. Vanessa Campoverde-Pour through method EC and pH tests
- 6:30-7:00 Ms. Jemy Hinton-Container irrigation BMPs-How to sign up? Why?
- Mr. Guillermo Alverio-Mobile Irrigation Lab
- SWFWMD-Cost share money for irrigation improvements.
7:00-8:00 Evaluations and Dinner
FIELD Nursery Location!
J & R Nursery
4144 Bethlehem Rd
Dover, FL 33527
We will be in the field at a nursery so you can get hands on information to bring back and use. We will do irrigation water tests, you can schedule to sign up for the Best Management Practices, and you will find out how you can get SWFWMD money to improve your water delivery.
All participants must register by 5/12/13 by clicking this link http://nurserybmp.eventbrite.com
You may also register or ask questions by calling or emailing Shawn Steed (email@example.com 813-744-5519 x 54147)