Chill out: South Florida temperatures to plunge this week – Miami-Dade – MiamiHerald.com January 15, 2014
Job opportunity! UF/IFAS Vegetable Extension Agent (Miami-Dade County) Ends 01/09/14 January 7, 2014
The position title is University of Florida (UF/IFAS) Vegetable Crops Extension Agent, opening in Miami-Dade County (Homestead).
Includes responsibilities of Pesticide Trainer. Employer is looking for the enthusiastic, energetic person to work with vegetable growers, collaborate with extension specialists and provide pesticide trainings.
The position is open to January 9, 2014 on the UF jobs website.
All interested applicants should go to https://jobs.ufl.edu referencing requisition # 0904532 to apply for this position.
UF/IFAS Farm Labor Supervisor Training Program–Homestead September 5, 2013
- Wage & Hour: Minimum wage, hours worked, wage summary, working conditions
- Discrimination/Sexual Harassment (EEOC): EEO case studies, child labor, human trafficking
- Worker Safety
- Safe Driving: Vehicle inspections, driver preparation, defensive driving
WHO: Supervisors of farm workers including field supervisors, Labor Contractors, crew leaders, growers, bus and van drivers, office staff including payroll and HR
LANGUAGE: English and Spanish: Please select which option when registering online: Online Registration
FEE: $ 80.00 includes lunch
Help protect your company from costly mistakes!!!
Limit your potential liabilities that may result from unknowing non-compliance.
Show your buyers and employers you know the regulations.
Your Miami-Dade UF/IFAS Comm. Horticulture Extension Agent
South FL Plant Disease Update-2013 August 16, 2013
Do you work with: Aglaonemas, Anthurium, Cordylines, Gardenias, Mandevillas, scheffleras, Lucky bamboos, Areca, Foxtail palms, Phoenix canaeriensis, Jamaican caper trees, Cypresses or arugula and the list continues.
Don’t miss out the latest plant diseases report affecting foliage, palms, trees, grasses and succulent plants in Miami-Dade, Broward and West Palm Beach areas.
Learn how to identify what is affecting your business and how to start controlling it. Also don’t wait until last minute to collect your free pesticide CEU’s, we are giving 2 category CEUS for this program. Read the list below. Lunch included! So what are you waiting?
Have you registered yet?
If you need pesticide CEUs, the following categories will be given:
- Private Applicator-Ag,
- Demo & Research
- Ornamental & Turf
- Limited Landscape Maintenance
- Limited Lawn& Ornamental and
- Commercial Lawn & Ornamental
The University of Florida Extension in Miami-Dade County and TREC Plant Diagnostic Clinic are pleased to announce the upcoming:
South FL Ornamental Disease Update & management!
- We will share some interesting facts of the latest pests affecting the economy of the green industry in South FL environment.
- Also, Dr. Palmateer (Head of the Plant Diagnostic Clinic) will share with us, the predominant pest (fungal and or bacterial) affecting our plants in nursery and landscape. With live samples and management options for those diseases you found in your Hibiscus, Mandevilla or in your Ficus perhaps.
- We will work on an informal forum with growers attending this program to record what other issues we need to start paying attention and create a prevention workshop in advance.
- Please share this information with your peers. CEU and lunch available for you.
When: Thursday, August 22nd. From 9 am to 1 pm
Where: UF/IFAS Extension office in Miami-Dade
UF Small Farms Conference is around the corner! July 26, 2013
Manejo Integrado de plagas en español June 3, 2013
IPM in Spanish: (English summary)
This is a basic training on IPM in Spanish with plant diseases caused by fungi, bacteria or insects.
Pesticide, ISA and FNGLA CEUs will be provided. You need to register: via online or by mail. Also be present from beginning to end to claim CEU at the end.
Where: UF Extension Auditorium. 18710 SW 288th St. Homestead 33030 FL.
When: June 18th from 9:00 am. to 1 pm.
Cost: $20.0 until June 7, $ 25.0 after that. Includes course, materials, refreshments and lunch. Online flyer
Online registration: Online Registration
If you have issues with links, go to our website (Calendar) Call our support staff at 305-248-3311 EXT 225.
Este es un entrenamiento básico que cubrira enfermedades genrales afectando plantas ornamentals causadas por un hongo, bacteria, virus o insectos. Si necesita CEUs, puede colectar ISA, FNGLA y FDACS en esta clase, pero debe registrarse via online o por correo y estar presente desde el inicio hasta el final de la clase.
Donde: Oficina de Extension de la Universidad de Florida. 18710 SW 288th. Homestead 33030. FL
Cuando: El 18 de Junio desde las 9 am hasta la 1 pm
Costo: Hasta el 7 de Junio es $20.0, despues del 7 es $25.0. Incluye el curso, materiales, bebidas y almuerzo.
Lupas magnificadoras estan a la venta en la pagina de registro via online. El volante esta abajo pero puede verlo Volante/Información
Registro Online: Registro via online